Some radiologists have been asking... What is Osirix?
Osirix is an image processing software dedicated to DICOM images produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT, PET, PET-CT, …) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format). It can also read many other file formats: TIFF (8,16, 32 bits), JPEG, PDF, AVI, MPEG and QuickTime.
It is fully compliant with the DICOM standard for image comunication and image file formats. OsiriX is able to receive images transferred by DICOM communication protocol from any PACS or medical imaging modality (STORE SCP - Service Class Provider, STORE SCU - Service Class User, and Query/Retrieve).
OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization of multi-modality and multi-dimensional images. Many more features.
What’s New in this Version
- Compiled with GCC 4.2 : 3D Rendering are up to 80% faster with OsiriX-64 bit compared to OsiriX 32-bit
- PowerPC G5 systems are again supported in 64-bit
- Preferred syntax for retrieve during Q&R : OsiriX Client (C-MOVE SCU)
- On the fly compression/decompression for Q&R : OsiriX Server (C-MOVE SCP)
- Sync all the preview list of all opened viewers (See Viewer Preferences)
- 64-bit Space Navigator support
- Many more enhancements.
To download Osirix, please visit this link: