radRounds Radiology Network

Connecting Radiology | Enabling collaboration and professional development

Views: 125

Comment

You need to be a member of radRounds Radiology Network to add comments!

Join radRounds Radiology Network

Comment by saeed rad on October 22, 2008 at 12:18pm
My pleasure.
Comment by M Taharul Alam on October 22, 2008 at 12:00pm
thanx for the information.
Comment by saeed rad on October 21, 2008 at 1:06pm
We have exactly the same story: once volvulus of the sigmoid was the first rank reason for the large bowel obstruction, but now it has been changed gradually by the variety of dietition and replaced by other causes specially tumors.
Comment by M Taharul Alam on October 21, 2008 at 12:55pm
Constipation is not uncommon here but hugely dilated sigmoid with constipation is rare and found with aged personnel..
Comment by saeed rad on October 21, 2008 at 12:43pm
Chagas disease caused by tripanasum cruzi is very rare in our area i have seen the abundance of it in South America during some Congress trip. Dolichosigmoid and constipation in contrast is very common here and once i have presented many type of it in the ICR while being held in Paris.
Comment by M Taharul Alam on October 21, 2008 at 12:10pm
Thanx. What do u think about Chagas disease?
Comment by Dr. Mohamed Refaey on October 20, 2008 at 1:12pm
thank you for clearance..
Comment by saeed rad on October 20, 2008 at 1:02pm
Dear Dr Taharul Alam volvulus of the sigmoid is an acute episode and moreover with volvulus we always get gas distension not impacted feces!
Comment by saeed rad on October 20, 2008 at 12:59pm
Dear Dr Refaey separation of the compact feces from the sigmoid wall, which is called crescent sign is in favour of the besoar produced by long standing constipation.
Comment by M Taharul Alam on October 20, 2008 at 11:55am
Upper part of abdomen including diaphragm are not visible. Why not sigmoid volvulus?

Sponsor Ad

© 2024   Created by radRounds Radiology Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service