radRounds Radiology Network

Connecting Radiology | Enabling collaboration and professional development

60 y.o man with abnormal amylase and lipase levels, severe jaundice. Diagnosis ?

Views: 1210

Comment

You need to be a member of radRounds Radiology Network to add comments!

Join radRounds Radiology Network

Comment by shivani on December 26, 2008 at 1:35am
Chronic pancreatitis sequelae (calcificaitons with atrophy) with a pnacreatic head PPC and likely proximal dudenojejunitis.
Comment by Satyadev on September 10, 2008 at 9:04am
very nice case. i came across similar case. CBD & main pancreatic ducts were dilated with calculus in proximal pancreatic duct. however a hypodense mass was noted in the head of pancreas. Diagnosis is still pending.....
Comment by DR.SANJAY B.YUWANATI on August 11, 2008 at 4:09am
Nice case . there is distal pancreatic duct calclulus , with pancreastic peudocyst, also mild changes of acute inflammation in uncinate process of pancreas . Due to distal pancreatic duct calculus there is dialatation of pancreatic duct.
Comment by Dr. Mohamed Refaey on July 26, 2008 at 3:55am
nice case..thanks !!
Comment by Michele Anzidei on July 25, 2008 at 2:46pm
Duodenal polyp: right !

Pancreatic cancer: wrong ! It was fifty-fifty on the chance of correct diagnosis. It was a focal chronic pancreatitis of the pancreatic head (diagnosis obtained only at surgery)
FCP can mimic cancer in chronic pancreatitis patients (in this case you can also see pancreatic calcifications, some peripheral pancreatic stone, at least one pseudocyst and a diffuse dilatation of the duct of Wirsung) and cannot be distinguished safely only on the basis of imaging.
Comment by Dr. Mohamed Refaey on July 25, 2008 at 5:08am
great back Michele,

I'm with narayanan, I think it's cancer head of pancreas with duodenal extension. there are some enlarged lymph nodes.

Sponsor Ad

© 2024   Created by radRounds Radiology Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service