radRounds Radiology Network

Connecting Radiology | Enabling collaboration and professional development

Hey !.. this is the place for me.

Where should we start here? I am interested in some of the fancy things some of these 3D processors can do.. For instance the see-thru effect I did on that aorta is fairly easy on my program. What kinda stuff can you guys do?

Views: 111

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

great work Pete..it looks amazing..I'm gonna try to do something like that..I know I'll probably fail..but gonna try anyway
Quite nice 3D work
I use Terarecon regularly, and it's actually not technically difficult to do it but takes a little time (the hard part is segmenting the aorta without the bone). I've started to use Osirix now, I can let you guys know how that goes.

Speaking of bone removal, I co-authored a bone removal algorithm that will be published in J Digit Imaging soon, but I don't think it's going to be used by any companies :).
Just remember.. I don't know where you are but Osirix is not certified for diagnosis in the States just for research and such.

TeraRecon and Vital Images and those guys do great work.. But the price.. whew !.
Yes the price is rather prohibitive, especially for small outfits. Osirix is not certified but I believe it is being used in the US unofficially. That said, over here we have Terarecon and Vital, both of which are used frequently by radiologists and technologists.
Hey Bhargav,

I would be inetersted in the bone removal paper you co-authored. Is it available online?
Here ya go (JCAT):
http://www.jcat.org/pt/re/jcat/abstract.00004728-200805000-00030.ht...!834597482!181195629!8091!-1
Thanks, appreciate it.

Pretty interesting work. As far as I can see, one needs two seeds to start with: one in the cortical bone, the other in vessel. Right? Also, how does it fare when there are occlusions in the vessel? Example: the vessel seed chosen cannot reach some part of the vessel because of stenoses? I am still reading the paper.

I just noticed by the way that HIPAA expansion is spelt incorrectly in the article.. in the Validation section. Portability is spelt potability.
:p Yeah I noticed that on the paper heh. It mightaswell be spelled that way for all the confusion about its requirements. You are correct about the seed points. This part could be (and has unofficially been) automated, but there are problems due to variability arising from patient anatomy, scanner, contrast injection protocol and scan protocol.
Occlusions are the main problem, a new seed point must be placed after the occlusion (doesn't matter where). There has been some work on bridging occlusions by a PhD student in my lab, although I do not know how successful it is (again due to scan variability as above).
Please dont mind my candor about the typo. It is a great work, this paper! Good job, buddy!!
Hey Pete,

Which workstation did you use to generate that image?
my own.. I created a workstation I like much better.. Button pushers suck.. haha

RSS

Sponsor Ad

© 2024   Created by radRounds Radiology Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service