radRounds Radiology Network

Connecting Radiology | Enabling collaboration and professional development

Hey !.. this is the place for me.

Where should we start here? I am interested in some of the fancy things some of these 3D processors can do.. For instance the see-thru effect I did on that aorta is fairly easy on my program. What kinda stuff can you guys do?

Views: 111

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty impressive work!! One question: Is it an interactive visualization system, or like a batch processing system which renders these high definition images offline? Also, do you use what Biotronics created for VR, or you created your own rendering system?
I used 3DNet.. that's the thing about the fancier workstations.. anyone can press a button but the magic comes in working the program. I looked at vital images and terarecon and all that stuff but like i said.. there is a difference in being about to work the program to get what you want.. The difference in getting the pictures to get pictures or really caring about making a difference.
Well said! I have never heard of 3Dnet, I will google for them. Good job by the way. We have a soon to be opensource project that has a non commercial right now freely available for research/teaching. It is not as fancy, because we want to make it reach parts of the world that cannot afford expensive workstations. Check it out if you like, the page is:

http://groups.google.com/group/medicalimagingscience/web/smiviewer-...
Is this the biotronics 3dNet or some other software? (btw the lack of hardware integration in Osirix was a real dealbreaker...it is slow for large datasets).
I figured it is Biotronics's 3DNet, from UK. Looks nice. Thats it, right Pete?
How about the thin clients? Terarecon or Vital?

RSS

Sponsor Ad

© 2024   Created by radRounds Radiology Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service