radRounds Radiology Network

Connecting Radiology | Enabling collaboration and professional development

Intraperitoneal Type II Hydatid cyst.
Detached endocyst from pericyst

Views: 109

Albums: GIT

Comment

You need to be a member of radRounds Radiology Network to add comments!

Join radRounds Radiology Network

Comment by Dr. Chandra Sundararajan Maudar on June 1, 2009 at 1:40pm
Dr. Rad, want to correct myself.The ablation of h. cysts with cetrimide,hypertonic saline, thermic energy or radiofrequency are all basically scolicidal.So separation of the germinal layer (endocyst)does not remove the infective potential of the scolices inside. If there is a leak or rupture of this cyst, infection can spread. Wonder if the rupture is a stimulus to formation of more daughter cells?
Comment by Dr. Chandra Sundararajan Maudar on May 31, 2009 at 1:54pm
Dr. Rad,she was around 20 yrs with innocous pain abdomen.CT picture looked like a mesenteric cyst but USG correlation showed the typical delaminated endocyst resulting in the Water Lily sign. If there was intraperitoneal rupture, surely there would have been severe anaphylaxis as well as implantation of the protoscolices leading to more daughter cysts in the peritoneum. In a detachment like this ( of the peri and endocyst), I would presume death of the protoscolices, after all ablation is a method of treatment of such cysts. Will definitely let you in on any follow up.Do let me know your comments.Also there is a very similar case in my album with daughter cells , without detachment. Please have a look.
Comment by saeed rad on May 31, 2009 at 11:52am
Very nice case. Please tell us if this detachment resulted in the production of daughter cysts? Usually ectocyst is lying between the pericyst and endocyst, as far as i know, and daughter cysts are caused usually by enrolled rupture of the endocyst.

Sponsor Ad

© 2024   Created by radRounds Radiology Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service